Thursday, January 22, 2009

4 Ounces, Really?

I have to wonder who decides what quantity constitutes "one serving" sometimes. In this case, Edy's Dibs Ice Cream Bites. The size of the container is listed as 4 fl. oz. (118 ml). I have no idea how many individual bites that works out to because it didn't occur to me to count as I was eating. I ate the whole little container and decided that the person in charge of making the quantity decisions is a Very Bad Person. I wanted more.

Admittedly, I tend to eat much more than the average person, but 4 ounces? That isn't very much. Then again, I need to eat more just to maintain my weight. I like looking like I'm not anorexic, and if I don't eat enough, it happens quickly. So, maybe I could choose healthier foods to eat to maintain my weight, but really, when your choices are to fix something from scratch (and I HATE cooking) or just open the freezer and get a container of Dibs, I'm going for the Dibs every single time. I just wish that there were more of them in each single serving container to go for. I'm still hungry, I still have no intention of making something from scratch, and I'm down to my last container of Dibs.

Honestly! What were they thinking when they decided that 4 ounces would make a good choice for "single serving" containers? 4? Really? I think I'll just have to look to see if I can find some sort of "full size" serving container next time I hit the freezer aisle at the grocery store because this 4 oz business just isn't cutting it. Damn stingy serving size decision makers!

Take care,
Cindi

No comments: