Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Survival of the Fittest?

And on the topic of plotting pain and torture...

GGGRRRRRRRRR!!! I am so freaking sick of Mediacom. Our phone, internet, and cable are all bundled through them and they constantly have craptacularly bad quality, what is supposed to be super high speed internet is frequently a bit slower than a fast snail, and the cable is usually nearly unwatchable due to the lines and snow on the picture. The phone is just as bad, too. The sound quality is amazing...and not in a happy, good way, either. I've had better sounding conversations on my cell phone while going through dead spots!

Today I have had service on and off intermittently for about 10 minute stretches and then LONG stretches of no service, then another 10 minutes or so back on...all day. This has been an ongoing problem since we bought this house and got service. The problem is, they are the only service in this area that I know of, so we can't just switch and go with another provider. If we could, I'd have done it a long time ago.

We regularly have "techs" (and I use that term loosely) out trying to "fix" the problems. Unfortunately their fixes only tend to last from a day or so down to a few hours or so. When they are even able to rig up a temporary fix, anyway. I am on the phone with these morons at a minimum of once a week most weeks, but frequently more, yet they can't get their act together and provide a decent service. And for what we have to pay this...ummm..."fine upstanding company"...my service should be phenomenally golden. Once in a while I can badger them into crediting me for the service outages, but more often than not, they tell me that since the service wasn't out for longer than 24 hours, there isn't anything they can do about it...**coughcoughbullshitcoughcough**

The standard excuse for them is that "someone cut a fiber optic cable" with "there is a service interruption in your area" coming in a close second. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but if they have so many instances of fiber optic cables being cut, they ought to figure out who is doing this and start pressing charges. But that's just me.

So, now I have service, slow and VERY spotty, but service nonetheless. For a few minutes anyway. Hard telling when it will go out again, but holy Christ on a cracker. I am SO fed up with these idiots.

When they are unable to answer even simple questions that they should know the answers to and you ask for a supervisor, they will not, under any circumstances, allow you to be transfered to one. Every single time, without fail...EVERY time...that I have tried to talk to a supervisor, I am very rudely hung up on. Though, not before their "well trained" customer service rep has had a chance to get in a good bit of verbal abuse at my absolute audacity at thinking that I am even worthy of speaking to someone so exalted as a...gasp...supervisor!

I don't know how such a large group of people, who are all, to a person, so deficient, are able to function. Surely natural selection and survival of the fittest should have come into play by now. I swear, they are worse than that stupid heroine in the romance novel who is just too stupid to live, yet surprisingly enough, they haven't been bleached out of the gene pool yet. Quite honestly, I just don't understand how that is possible.

Luckily, I have had service long enough that I was able to vent and yell about this to the ladies over at MommyMatter. Thank goodness for them! Talk about a group of people who will bend over backwards to support their friends. There honestly isn't a more wonderful group of ladies to be friends with anywhere else. (And if you are interested in joining, let me know and I will send you an invite link!)

So, thus endeth my rant of the day. God save us all if Mediacom ever plots for world domination.

Take care,
Cindi

No comments: